Beantwoord

New visa debit card problem with card reader

• 18 December 2021
  • 6 reacties
  • 1598 Bekeken

Hi guys,

I recently received the new VISA-debit card, I already activated it. All the transactions are going smooth. However, when I try to use this card in card reader for logging in to the easy banking website the problem happens. As per the procedure, I am suppose to press M1 in the card reader and then enter the code given by the website in-order to obtain the signature code after providing my pin. With this new visa card, whenever I put it in the card reader and press anything (M1 or M2) it shows “VISA AUTH” and asks for my pin. After giving my pin they give some code which is not the one website wants too. Can anybody help me with this problem? I can not use this card in my card reader and the angry customer care guy forwarded me some number that does not exist.

icon

Beste antwoord van YannickB 20 December 2021, 12:16

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hi @trepals 

Thanks for contacting us about this.

Your new card should interact with your card reader in exactly the same way as your old card did. 

Based on your description you it might be an issue with your card reader, in which case you can order a new one through our general website (pages are only in Dutch or in French I’m afraid) or by logging into Easy Banking App, tapping Offer, scrolling all the way down and choosing Order new card reader.

Alternatively you might also have saved old payment information in either your browser or in your profile with the webshop, which is then being filled in automatically. This would result in a wrong code as the card you put into your card reader is not the one the site is expecting. You can solve this by deleting the old payment info.

Hi Yannick,

Thank you for your insights.

I think I will have to resort with ordering a new card reader because the problem is with the card reader. I have tried in different browsers too, I have even specified the new card’s number but still the problem persist. The “VISA AUTH” is only showing whenever I put my new card in the card reader. I have ordered a new card reader, I hope that will solve the problem.

Thank you!

Reputatie 7

You’re welcome!

The part about VISA AUTH is normal, you will always see that using one of our new cards. With the old cards the message SECURECODE would have appeared instead. Other than that, however, the steps you have to follow have stayed the same. So your codes shouldn’t be consistently wrong.

Hello,

I just received the card reader without the debit card yesterday and I got the email from BNP Paribas Fortris where it’s been said that if I don’t activate my account soon they will cancel it. In order to do that I need the debit card as well. How can I get rid of this problem?

Hello,

I just received the card reader without the debit card yesterday and I got the email from BNP Paribas Fortris where it’s been said that if I don’t activate my account soon they will cancel it. In order to do that I need the debit card as well. How can I get rid of this problem?

Reputatie 4

Hello @Abir,

Thank you for your message.

Usually the card reader and the debit card will arrive shortly after each other (due to safety reasons they always will arrive separately). So if you received the card reader a day ago then the card will probably arrive soon after. There could also be a delay (due to the holidays).

If you have not received a card after next week we do advice to contact Easy Banking Centre: 02 762 90 00 (for English). You can call on working days from 7:00 until 22:00 and on Saturday from 9:00 until 17:00. 

Kind regards,

LarsD

Reageer