Beantwoord

Unable to activate card

• Rekruut - Niveau 1
  • 6 reacties

Hi there,

I received the card with a 5-digit code and another 4-digit code. Until now, I called all the numbers in the letters, I mean all the phone numbers! But all the calls are in Dutch and I cannot understand Dutch! Do you have a phone number that can be activated in English!?

Or can you tell me exactly which phone number I should call and then press what numbers to enter the 5-digit code to activate this shit card?

Or can you directly help me activate it online?

From a user who has been plagued by online activation for a long time.

icon

Beste antwoord van YannickB 8 August 2022, 13:50

Bekijk origineel

13 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hi UGE,

The 5-digit code is not a code linked to your card. It’s a personal security code that you can enter on your telephone when you call our customer support. That way we know that we’re speaking with you. You can call 02 433 41 45 to modify your code, or you can change it through Easy Banking Web; the website of BNP Paribas Fortis, our parent company:

1. Visit Easy Banking Web using a pc and login using your Hello bank! credentials (card number and client number).
  2. Click on Settings in the top right corner of the page.
  3. Choose Easy Banking Phone.
  4. Click on either Modify or Activate (whichever appears for you) and follow all the steps to choose your own personal code.
  5. Confirm by using your card reader and Hello bank! debit card.

This code is absolutely necessary when you call us. Without it, we won’t be able to help you with most inquiries.

Concerning your card; unless you received an 11-digit activation code you can follow the steps below to activate both your debit card and your account. If you HAVE received an 11-digit activation code, you still need to follow the steps below, but you should first call the number given with your code. It might be in Dutch, but the only thing being asked is to enter your code on your telephone and to finish with the pound sign (#). 

• Install the Hello bank! app on your smartphone, create a profile and login.
  • Use your card at least once to pay in physical store using both your cards chip and your 4-digit pin code. This is necessary to fully activate your card’s contactless and online functionalities
  • Want to change your card’s pin? You can do so at any BNP Paribas Fortis ATM in Belgium.
  • Some additional services linked to your card (itsme, cash deposits, ...) require you to go to a BNP Paribas Fortis branch and ask them to register your ID or passport. You can make a practical appointment through this page: https://www.bnpparibasfortis.be/en/messagent-router?axes4=expa#/appointment

Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi,

For the first step, “Visit Easy Banking Web”, I tried, but the webpage shows error.

I am sure the input information is right.

Reputatie 7

Thank you for your reply.

Do you also get an error when trying to login in the Hello bank! app? If so, it might be best to give us a call on 02 433 41 45 (this is a number for English-speaking clients).

My colleagues will be able to help you with both your 5-digit code and with the activation of your card.

Hi,

I did it and changed my personal code, but when I followed the SMS message to log in the app, the app shows: attention

Your account has not been opened, Due to a technical problem, we are unable to open your account at this time.

What’s wrong?

Reputatie 7

I’m afraid I’m not able to look into it through this community. This site is public and we have no access to personal information.

The best thing you can do is to give us a call on 02 433 41 45. My colleagues are available from 7am until 10pm on weekdays and from 9am until 5pm on Saturday. 

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks! Do you know where I can change my 4-digit PIN code?

Reputatie 7

You’re welcome! You can change your pin at any BNP Paribas Fortis ATM. Just enter your card, enter your current pin and select the option to modify it.

I really appreciate your timely reply!

I want to have 2 debit cards (same card, same account), one for me, and another for my girlfriend. 

I see the application webpage shows: Up to 2 free debit cards.

Could you please tell me how I can get 2 debit cards using the same account?

Reputatie 7

You can have one debit card per account holder with a maximum of two debit cards total. Has your account been opened in your name, or in both your names?

Yes, my account has been opened in my name, and I have one debit card.

I want to apply for another debit card under my account.

What am I supposed to do?

Reputatie 7

If the account needs to remain solely in your name, I’m afraid it won’t be possible to give your girlfriend a separate card. Hello bank doesn’t offer mandates on its accounts.

There are a few options though.

One solution would be to add your girlfriend as an account holder. She already has to be a client with either Hello bank! or BNP Paribas Fortis or you would need to be married or be legally cohabiting for this to be possible for an existing account.

Another solution would be to open a completely new account under both your names through our website. This can be done even if your girlfriend isn’t or has never been a customer with us before.

A final solution would be to change your Hello bank! account to one with BNP Paribas Fortis. You will keep your account number and it will become possible to add a mandate for your girlfriend. This means that she’ll get access to the account (with a debit card in her name) without it being necessary to add her as a full account holder. The downside of this is that most accounts with BNP Paribas Fortis have a monthly fee.

Hi, thanks so much for replying, but the solutions are too complicated.

Simple question:  the application webpage shows: up to 2 free debit cards.

I have one debit card now, how can I get another free debit card under my account? I want to have 2 free debit cards under my account.

Reputatie 7

That’s not possible I’m afraid. It’s one free debit card per person with up to two debit cards maximum (one per account holder). 

Even if it were possible I still wouldn’t be able to recommend you to give a debit card in your name to your girlfriend. Cards are strictly personal since they give access to more than just an account. Debit cards especially give access to all your personal data and all products you have with a bank. 

Reageer