Beantwoord

Buying digital assets through Coinbase with Visa is disabled?

• 12 augustus 2018
  • 1 reactie
  • 831 Bekeken

• Net gestart
  • 0 reacties
Hello,

I just tried to buy digital assets online with my Visa card on Coinbase and I got the message "Your credit card provider has disabled digital currency purchases. Please try again with a debit card or bank account."

I already used this card to buy digital assets and suddenly it has been disabled. I was wondering if Fortis has a reason for this action? Basically the bank just decided that I can't do anymore payments with my own money..

I guess this is one of the reasons that digital assets will have a big impact on banks in general, because at least people can own their money and do payments whenever they want.

icon

Beste antwoord van YannickB 13 augustus 2018, 09:24

Hello MVS,

Welcome to our Community!

Our bank does not block transactions to Coinbase or similar sites connected to cryptocurrencies, so I suspect something else is going on.

In this case, I recommend you to contact ATOS Worldline, they are the company which manages and distributes all Belgian credit cards through most Belgian banks. In some cases they can block a credit card when they have reason to belief it might have been used for fraudulent transactions.

Regretfully, this is not something we can look up for you. Primarly because, through our Community, we do not have access to your personal data and secondly, because in case of suspect transactions, ATOS will only discuss those transactions with you, the card holder. Not even our bank can ask them for more detailed information.

It is also possible that ATOS recently decided to block purchases of cryptocurrencies through certain site. However, so far, we haven't been notified about any such changes.

You can reach ATOS on the number 02 205 85 85 from Monday through Saturday from 8am until 8pm.

Kind regards,

Yannick
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 5
Hello MVS,

Welcome to our Community!

Our bank does not block transactions to Coinbase or similar sites connected to cryptocurrencies, so I suspect something else is going on.

In this case, I recommend you to contact ATOS Worldline, they are the company which manages and distributes all Belgian credit cards through most Belgian banks. In some cases they can block a credit card when they have reason to belief it might have been used for fraudulent transactions.

Regretfully, this is not something we can look up for you. Primarly because, through our Community, we do not have access to your personal data and secondly, because in case of suspect transactions, ATOS will only discuss those transactions with you, the card holder. Not even our bank can ask them for more detailed information.

It is also possible that ATOS recently decided to block purchases of cryptocurrencies through certain site. However, so far, we haven't been notified about any such changes.

You can reach ATOS on the number 02 205 85 85 from Monday through Saturday from 8am until 8pm.

Kind regards,

Yannick

Reageer