Beantwoord

Expat Account Re activation and update client data

• 12 July 2022
  • 2 reacties
  • 352 Bekeken

I have had an account with BNP Paribas Fortis which has been inactive and in frozen state for quite some time now. The reason for me to not being able to utilize these accounts was due to my travel back to India in early 2018. My India residence address being used during account creation and hence I still receive postal mails to my India residence address about my account information. 

Recently, I received a mail from Branch Manager, BNP Paribas Fortis Paduwa on 15th May 2022 notifying that my frozen assets will be transferred to Deposits and Consignment office In Brussels. As per the contents of the mail, I am supposed to visit any of your bank branches or respond back with an enclosed reply slip requesting the bank from not transferring my asset to CDC office.

Since I am unable to visit any of the branches in Belgium in person and I am not in a position to travel for this purpose, I had written to my branch manager who in turn redirected me to UPDATECLIENTDATA@bnpparibasfortis.com and I have requested them to update my contact number to my current mobile number and also assist me to either re activate my account or help me with transfer of my account balance to my India accounts.

I do have the card reader with me, but I don’t have the Debit/ATM card with me. Also I am not sure if my account has been reactivated and hence I would need assistance in either re activating my account and also issue a new Debit card or worst case help me transfer the account balance to my India Account. Let me know what can be done?

icon

Beste antwoord van YannickB 12 July 2022, 17:00

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 4

Hello @Nirmala Mallesh,

Thank you for your message.

UPDATECLIENTDATA@bnpparibasfortis.com is used to update the details of your identity (ex. your current address). The branch manager redirected you to that because it will be the only way to update your information which needs to be done in order to deblock your assets with us. 

You can send a copy of your ID card or passport to it. On the copy you write down in big letters your current address, your signature and a date to confirm the authenticity of the document.

So we advice that you follow that step first. You will receive a message back from the same mail to confirm that your identification has been updated.

This is also important to then provide you with a new debit card so you can get online access to the account again.

With kind regards,

LarsD

Reputatie 7

Hi @Nirmala Mallesh 

It’s also important to know that while you can send a copy of your ID and a proof of address (ex. a utility bill with your address on it) to that mailbox, we can’t process your documents if we haven’t been able to verify your identity by phone first.

Before you mail us any info, I urge you to contact our Easy Banking Centre on +32 (0)2 762 90 00. You can reach us from 7am until 10pm on weekdays and from 9am until 5pm on Saturdays.

Reageer