Beantwoord

Become a customer

• 21 March 2024
  • 25 reacties
  • 182 Bekeken

Reputatie 1

My name is Ali Ndonje from Tanzania. I am a student at AP Hogeschool located in Antwerp Belgium. I would like to become a customer at BNP Paribas Fortis and I have tried creating the account but I am stuck. Could you please assist me with these, maybe how to choose the correct one?

1. "What do you want to use your BNP Paribas Fortis current account for?"

2. "How much is your monthly net income (all added up)?

3. "What is the amount of your assets with the BNP Paribas group (investment, savings, inheritance, ...)?

My reason for creating the account is for the simplicity of receiving scholarship grants here in Belgium

icon

Beste antwoord van LarsD 21 March 2024, 16:29

Bekijk origineel

25 reacties

Reputatie 4

Hello @prfndonje,

Thank you for your message.

You could respond to the first question with the answer that it is to receive the scholarship grants and to use it during your studies in Antwerp.

For the second question you can either give an estimation of your monthly income or if you don’t have a permanent income yet you may just give what you normally receive in other funds (like savings or student job). It doesn’t have to be an exact answer. It is just to help us know for what the account will be used and which sort of funds will normally be deposited on it. It is due to the strict European laws of Anti-money Laundering that these questions have to be asked to open a bank account. 

For the third question you may again just give an estimation of your savings.

Kind regards,

LarsD

Reputatie 1

Hi! @LarsD 

Thank you for your reply

I am only here for one semester and I have no student job or something like that. I use my local account from Tanzania for my daily needs and the grant I talked about is for paying the landlord. I am afraid to give you a false estimation and lest I be taken legal action.

Kind regards,

prfndonje

Reputatie 4

Hello @prfndonje,

Then you can just give an estimation of what you usually will deposit on the account for your daily needs. It does not need to be an exact amount. It is only to give an idea about it. You don’t have to be afraid to not give an exact amount if you are not sure about it.

If later there is something unclear we will contact you first to clear it up. Other than that you can just open the account based on your personal information. 

Kind regards,

LarsD

Reputatie 1

Hello @LarsD,

Okay perfect

Once again thank you

Regards,

prfndonje

Reputatie 1

Hello @LarsD,

I have a favor to ask for your assistance on what to fill in. Could you please look at the attached screenshot and inform me what should I fill in those boxes?

Reputatie 4

Hello @prfndonje,

I don’t recognize it. Could you explain to us more where you have to fill this in?

Usually when you get a document to sign they also will ask to give a date to your signature and the place where you signed the document (the city where you currently live). 

Kind regards,

LarsD

Reputatie 1

Hello @LarsD ,

Did you receive the supporting documents for opening an account I sent you yesterday at 6 pm through expats@bnpparibasfortis.com? If not, could you please check your spam folder? I once shared with you on 28/03/2024, unfortunately, yesterday at 5:25 pm I received mail from you reminding me to send the documents if I am still interested in opening an account.

With kind regards,

prfndonje

Hi @prfndonje ,

We don’t have access to these mails so cannot check it to you. I think that you received a reminder because we didn’t process the documents from 28/03 yet. I recommend you wait a few days. Normally you get a confirmation once it’s been processed.

Greetings,

Liz

Reputatie 1

Hello @Liz,

Thank you for your response.

Regards,

prfndonje

Reputatie 1

Hello!

I received the activation code and I am supposed to call this 080018021 number for the activation unfortunately, it is only in Dutch and I have no idea what exactly says. Could you please help what to do for the activation?

Hello @prfndonje ,

In the text message that you got there is that 080018021 and an 11 digit code on the bottom of the massage. If you call that number the voice computer will ask you to give in that 11 digit code followed by #.

If this is not working for you, you can contact our Easy Banking Center secured with your app. Open your app, choose communication and click on Help & contact and follow the steps to call us. Then a colleague on the line can help you to activate your card. 

BR,

Joyce 

Reputatie 1

Hello @Joycevdv,

Thank you for your response

I have tried giving the code as you instructed and the computer spoke some words but I did not understand them. So I don’t know whether it is activated or not.

prfndonje

Hello @prfndonje ,

If you have the time you can try to take some money out of an ATM. If that works, you know that your card is active. Otherwise can try to make a payment in a shop by putting your card in the terminal and giving in your pin code. 

BR,  

Joyce. 

Reputatie 1

Hello @Joycevdv,

I have not received a card yet, I only received an activation code

prfndonje

Reputatie 1

Hello @prfndonje,

Thank you for your feedback. Normally you first receive the activation code and after you get the bankcard. In a few days you should receive your card. Here we don’t have access to your personal customer profile. You can always call our Easy Banking Centre to receive an update. The number is 02 762 90 00 (English). 

Greetings, 

JoachimJ

Reputatie 1

Hello @JoachimJ,

Thank you for enlightening me.

Regards,

prfndonje

Reputatie 1

Dear @prfndonje

You are welcome. If you have any further questions, please contact us. Have a nice day. 

Greetings, 

JoachimJ

Reputatie 1

Dear @JoachimJ,

I received mail from you on April 10, 2024, informing me that my account had been opened and I could use it since then, yet I did not receive an account number.

I tried to call this number 02 762 90 00 (English) to seek assistance, unfortunately, customer care said that I called the wrong number but He gave me the same number to call.

Could you please help me get my account number? I will be truly grateful if I get it ASAP because It is urgent now.

Greetings,

Reputatie 1

Dear @JoachimJ,

I received mail from you on April 10, 2024, informing me that my account had been opened and I could use it since then, yet I did not receive an account number.

I tried to call this number 02 762 90 00 (English) to seek assistance, unfortunately, customer care said that I called the wrong number but He gave me the same number to call.

Could you please help me get my account number? I will be truly grateful if I get it ASAP because It is urgent now.

Greetings,

Hello,

sadly we do not have any access to your client information through Community.

Did you receive a text message to choose a pincode for your card? Because you need to choose the pincode first, then the card will be fabricated and send to the adress that you provided in your request. The period to choose the pincode yourself is 7 days, and the card will only be made once the pincode has been chosen. If there’s no pincode chosen, the fabrication of the card itself stays on hold for those 7 days.

edit: I see you received an activation code, so that means the pin and card should be underway, but the best is to check through the Easy Banking Centre when the pin and card are actually send so we can let you know when you’re going to receive them.

After you have received the card and logged in on our website to activate the account number, from then on you can actually use the account number for incoming money transfers.

Before you’ve received the card there is no other way to log in onto our website or app since you need a physical card and card reader. 

Our Dutch number is 02 762 60 00, you could also try to call that number and in case the person you have on the line cannot speak English themselves, they can immediately transfer you to the English line personally while you wait on the line.

They are available from 7 - 22 every weekday, and on Saturdays from 9 - 17.

I hope this information can already help you further a bit,

nonetheless feel free to keep us updated here.

Jess

Reputatie 1

Dear @JessicaJ,

No, I did not. I only received the activation code on 09 April and tried to activate but I am not sure if I succeeded or not because it was in Dutch.

All in all, thank you for your information.

Reputatie 1

Dear @JessicaJ,

No, I did not. I only received the activation code on 09 April and tried to activate but I am not sure if I succeeded or not because it was in Dutch.

All in all, thank you for your information.

No problem :) 

The activation probably did not work yet since the card had only been fabricated at that moment, and because of security reasons it doesn’t activate the card at that moment - we would also not be able to manually activate the card on our end at that moment. This because a pincode is also send by post, and in case both the letter with the pin and the letter with the card get intercepted, the card is usuable.

Though, normally it should take up to 5 bankworkdays from the 9th of April until the card is at your adress, so around the 16th it should arrive. The pincode should also arrive a day or two before the card arrives.

(again though, it could vary a bit so still feel free to call the number I mentioned so they can check it in detail for you).

Jess

Reputatie 1

Dear @JessicaJ,

Thanks a million for your time and information. I appreciate

Reputatie 1

Hello,

I have a favor to ask

I received a letter with a card reader on 15 April, when should I expect to receive a PIN code and a bank card?

Dear @prfndonje ,

Normally the pincode is send a few days after the card reader, so will receive soon. For safety reasons, the card is send a few days later. I’d guess that by next week, you should have received everything.

With kind regards,

Liz

Reputatie 1

Dear @Liz,

Thank you for your information. I appreciate it.

Regards,

Reageer