Beantwoord

Debit card activation

Reputatie 1

Hi!

I received my debit card yesterday and tried to activate it with a message I got earlier but it does not work. Could anyone help me, please?

Regards

icon

Beste antwoord van JessicaJ 3 May 2024, 17:43

Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Reputatie 4

Hello @prfndonje,

Thank you for your message.

What error message do you receive when using the card? What information was given in the message? Did it ask you to call a certain number to activate the card?

Best regards,

LarsD

Reputatie 1

Hello @LarsD,

It asks me to call this number 080018021 to activate my card.

I have no idea what the computer says but some expert once told me that I am supposed to enter 11 digits followed by #. I did that but it did not work

Regards

Reputatie 2

Hello @LarsD,

It asks me to call this number 080018021 to activate my card.

I have no idea what the computer says but some expert once told me that I am supposed to enter 11 digits followed by #. I did that but it did not work

Regards

Hey @prfndonje ,
if that didn’t work it’s best to call the Easy Banking Centre again so they can either send you a new SMS or activate the card for you.

In case you already had the Easy Banking App on your phone, you can call directly through the app by “communication” → “help and contact” → “accounts and cards”. In that way they can activate the card for you.

If it’s your first debet card with our bank, you can call the number 02 762 90 00 and they can resend a new text so you can activate the card yourself once again.

Our apologies for the inconvenience!

Kind regards,

Jess

Reputatie 1

Hello @Jessica, 

It is my first, so let me call the number you mentioned. But is it an English speaking?

Regards, 

Reputatie 2

Hello @Jessica, 

It is my first, so let me call the number you mentioned. But is it an English speaking?

Regards, 

Hi, if you didn’t call yet - yes! it’s our English number :-)

Let us know if you were able to get the card activated!

Kind regards,

Jess

Reputatie 1

Hi @JessicaJ,

I tried to call the number and I was given information in English. Unfortunately, it requests me to press  1 or 2 to continue with a Dutch or French-speaking advisor. Therefore, I have not yet received help to activate my card.

Kind regards,

Reputatie 2

Hi @JessicaJ,

I tried to call the number and I was given information in English. Unfortunately, it requests me to press  1 or 2 to continue with a Dutch or French-speaking advisor. Therefore, I have not yet received help to activate my card.

Kind regards,

It’s best to click further for one of these options then, in the end an advisor will talk to you and you can just request them to keep going in English. If the advisor you have on the line at that moment is not well spoken in English themselves, they will transfer you directly to an English speaking colleague at that moment.

You can call until 22 pm tonight,

kind regards

Reputatie 1

I called again and sent me another activation code. I tried to reactivate but it only told me to contact the bank if I have further questions or to end the call.

I also tried to log in to your app but it says “This card can not or no longer be used. Please create a profile with a valid card”. Probably my card has not yet been activated.

Regards

Reputatie 2

I called again and sent me another activation code. I tried to reactivate but it only told me to contact the bank if I have further questions or to end the call.

I also tried to log in to your app but it says “This card can not or no longer be used. Please create a profile with a valid card”. Probably my card has not yet been activated.

Regards

I apologise for the inconvenience. I would suggest then to go to a Bpost Bank branch in case you asked for an Easy Go account, so they can activate the card.

In case you have Easy Guide, you can make an appointment on the website there to go to activate the card in one of our branches;
qsa-timeblockr (bnpparibasfortis.be)

Do note that community is right now “closed” for the weekend, but I still wanted to give you this answer.

Kind regards,

Jessica

Reputatie 1

Hi @JessicaJ,

Thank you for your time and information you shared with me. I truly appreciate it

Have a nice and wonderful weekend

With kind regards,

Reageer